I love weekend style. I especially love it one weekdays. Because I'm a non-conformist and an original and whatnot. The first picture is the cutest outfit I've seen in a while and I am now wanting a granny-floral skirt very badly. As well as this exact sweater. Striped shirts, wide legged trousers, wellies, nubby socks, work-jeans, mens button-down shirts, skinny sweat pants, anything plaid, trench coats, brown leather accessories with brass hardware... I'm also on the hunt for the perfect tweed drivers cap.
See, the thing is, I enjoy covering up. I enjoy staying toasty warm. Sometimes my friends call me "Mom". Which I don't take as an insult. When they call me "Dad", I'll admit that it does sometimes rub me the wrong way. But I feel that it is important to look professional-casual in the university setting. It grosses me out when I students dressed like they've just come from the gym - and even more so when they look like they've come from the street corner.
Another thing to keep in mind: we live in Canada. Toronto doesn't get as cold as Montreal, but it still gets damned chilly and slushy. Therefore, mixing up the professional polish with sensible footwear and warm hats and gloves is perfectly acceptable.
The problem is that when I go to castings, I have to wear slinky little things so the clients can see what I look like. A solution that I've discovered is packing a pair of wide-legged jeans our trousers. I always bring a change of flats, but this is a step-up. So when I finish my casting, I can slip on my pants, tuck my mini-dress into them, slip on my flats, and ta-da! Comfort genius.
At the end of the day: look good. Feel warm. Add a coffee, and head out to the casting or class.






No comments:
Post a Comment