Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Study spot

How would you not get work done in a fabulous study spot such as this? It practically screams "4.0"! This is what I want, a cottage-flavoured living room with a fireplace, a spiral staircase, bookcases, and a dead ox head-case (I had to make it all rhyme somehow). If I lived in such a place of beauty, I would never leave my home. Except for emergency cappuccino. Actually, a home such as this demands such sophisticated appliances as a cappuccino-making-machine. So, to sum it all up, I would never have to leave my home! Ever! Ha! Except for classes. And to go to the gym. And to castings and jobs. And to go to the store to get coffee grinds, and milk, and cinnamon buns, and zucchini, and smoked salmon, and cherries... And I also want a puppy -not for eating- so I'd need to take him out for walks. But other than all those such things, I would always be in my armchair by the fire preparing for lectures and tutorials and filling my mind with intellectual yummies. 
Kay, enough fantasizing.* Adieu!
*Actually, one should never constrain oneself to only a certain amount of fantasizing. Especially when one (me) has just read over 20 pages of on Afrocentrism in academia. I am such a good student, I scare myself. I may never leave school. I'm going to be one of those pale, tweed-wearing loons that do 10 PhDs just for the hell of it. OK. Seriously should shut up. Or at least end this post. If any of you have read all of this, you should go do some schoolwork. And while you're at it, get me a cappuccino. XO




No comments:

Post a Comment