Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

must-see doc: Babies

My friend Vivian and I went to see the documentary Babies last night and let me tell you: Wow! We spent 
90 minutes falling in love with the four most adorable babies in the world: one from Tokyo, one from San 
Francisco, one from Namibia, and another from Mongolia. The four babies live in incredibly distinct 
environments, however they each did the same cute baby things that anyone can identify with. Magnifying 
these similarities was the fact that there is very little dialogue in the film. We hear songs and the occasional 
scolding, but these small, speechless, fat little people tell their stories by growing right in front of our eyes. 
I loved this movie. I also now want a baby more than ever! If the earth ever needs a population increase, I 
recommend screening this film in all public spaces. Baby baby boom boom boom!


No comments:

Post a Comment